I suggest you ...

User experience improvement and feedback

One thing I'd love to see done is a way to have certain sliders set up to output exponential/logarithmic values, since for example a linear slider for the filter frequency is a real pain when trying to get something more precise in the lower reaches of the spectrum.

Secondly, a really cool thing to do would be to let people route feedback loops into their patches (or maybe I'm too dumb to figure it out), it's a great deal in my sound-design and I'm just missing it in your software, but besides that, I really ought to say you got an astounding project going on.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarkMark shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jamie BullockAdminJamie Bullock (Senior Researcher, Integra Live) commented  · 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback and kind words!

Can you let me know which module is giving you linear control over a frequency parameter? All of the filters should already have non-linear controls where it makes sense. I just checked a couple of filters and they have a range 0-20k with 440Hz somewhere near the middle, so most of the control is in the lower frequencies as you state. So if you've found one that doesn't behave like that, let us know as it's a bug!

Regarding feedback: we're undecided about that. One thing we don't want to do is allow novice users to shoot themselves in the foot by connecting up feedback loops. On the other hand, we appreciate that feedback is a mega useful creative tool. We've tried to provide feedback in the most common places people would use it (e.g. delays), but a generic way to do feedback is definitely an interesting avenue to explore.

Cheers!

Jamie

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base