I suggest you ...

add a "midi panic" button somewhere, always on top...

It's all in the title!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David SchafferDavid Schaffer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David SchafferDavid Schaffer commented  · 

Hey, I ended up with stuck notes when trying midi triggering for the first time. I don't remeber the sound generators I was using, but it happened with two different modules. I think my mistake was to change the midi channel number of the module while sending a midi notes sequence from a drum machine: the sequence would continue to play normally when switching back to the right channel, but one note would just play forever, and nothing I did on the drum machine side would stop that. The only solution I found to stop the sound was to delete the module, which was a pitty. Maybe "midi panic" is not the best option, something like "all notes off" would have worked fine for me.
        This is a beautiful project. Keep it up!!

• Jamie BullockAdminJamie Bullock (Senior Researcher, Integra Live) commented  · 

Hi David, Thanks for the suggestion!

Can you give us some more detail about why you want a MIDI panic button? Are MIDI notes getting stuck in any of the modules? Or something else?

If notes are getting stuck, we'd prefer to fix the modules than add a panic button.

Jamie

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base